Saturday, January 26, 2013

Peanut Butter Cups

 
I've gotten into the baking groove latley and have wandered into the world of candy making as well.  Every time I go to the grocery store, I end up throwing a couple of packages of Reeces Peanut Butter Cups into the basket at the check-out line.  The other day, I wondered how hard it would be to make my own and voila.....I found the solution. 

I knew the peanut butter center wasn't just peanut butter so I started researching the internet to see if there was a recipe.  I found one at bubblecrumb.com and tweaked it a little bit.  I love dark chocolate so I used that instead of the milk chocolate.  I think they turned out pretty good.

Peanut Butter Cups

1 cup Dark chocolate or milk chocolate melted
1 cup peanut butter (creamy)
3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt.

Mix peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and refrigerate.  Melt chocolate in microwave for about 30 seconds or until just melted.

Pour a little chocolate into liners or mold until lightly coated with the chocolate and refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes.  Remove from refrigerator and form peanut butter mixture into small ball and press into chocolate liners.  Once all peanut butter has been pressed, cover with more melted chocolate.  Refrigerate another 20 minutes until chocolate has hardened.

No comments:

Post a Comment