Monday, April 8, 2013

WHAT'S FOR DINNER TONIGHT?

Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
I love pork loin and tenderloin roasts. Tonight I wanted something a little different but easy enough that I could just put it in the oven and relax. Well, I found it with this. All I did was unwrap the pork and place it in my stoneware baking dish. I added a little olive oil to the bottom of the dish but now that I've seen the finished product, there would have been enough drippings from the bacon so next time I'll leave it out. I covered the pork with a blend of salt, black pepper, cumin, chili powder, cinnamon and brown sugar. Then I wrapped the pork with bacon. The ENTIRE pork. I love bacon!!
Cook uncovered for 1 hour in a 325ยบ oven. While the pork cooked, I made a marinade of brown sugar, cider vinegar, dry mustard and dijon mustard and cooked it over the stove until melted. When the hour was done, I poured the glaze over the pork and cooked it for another 30 minutes. When done, cover with foil and let it rest for 15 minutes.
I served this with roasted asparagus that I chopped and tossed with olive oil and garlic and baked at 400 for 15 minutes. I also served garlic mashed potatoes with the meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment